The principle of the twin-screw compressor : the cylinder is equipped with a pair of intermeshing helical male and female rotors, both of which have several concave teeth, which rotate in opposite directions. The gap between the rotor and between the casing and the rotor is only 5-10 filaments. The main rotor (also known as the male rotor or the convex rotor) is driven by the engine or electric motor (mostly driven by a motor), and the other rotor (also called The female rotor or the female rotor is driven by the oil film formed by the main rotor by injection or by the synchronous gears of the main rotor end and the concave rotor end. So there is no metal contact in the drive (theoretically).
The length and diameter of the rotor determine the compressor displacement (flow) and exhaust pressure. The longer the rotor, the higher the pressure; the larger the rotor diameter, the greater the flow.
The spiral rotor groove is filled with gas as it passes through the suction port. When the rotor rotates, the rotor groove is closed by the casing wall to form a compression chamber. When the rotor groove is closed, the lubricating oil is sprayed into the compression chamber to seal. Cooling and lubrication. When the rotor rotates to compress the lubricant + gas (referred to as the oil and gas mixture), the volume of the compression chamber is reduced, and the oil and gas mixture is compressed toward the exhaust port. As the compression chamber passes through the exhaust port, the oil and gas mixture is discharged from the compressor to complete an aspiration-compression-venting process. Each rotor of the screw machine is supported by an antifriction bearing that is held by an end cap near the end of the shaft. The intake end is supported by a roller bearing, and the exhaust end is supported by a bearing which is usually a discharge end supported by a pair of tapered roller rollers, that is, a thrust bearing, resisting axial thrust, and receiving radial load, and Provides the necessary axial clearance for smaller clearances.
The working cycle can be divided into three processes of inhalation, compression and exhaust. As the rotor rotates, each pair of intermeshing teeth successively complete the same duty cycle.
Advantages of twin screw compressors
1. Screw compressors are the same as piston compressors and are all volumetric compressors. The screw air compressor has the following advantages in terms of the effect of use.
2, high reliability. The screw compressor has few parts and no wearing parts, so it runs reliably and has a long service life. The interval between overhauls can reach 40-80,000 hours.
3, easy to operate and maintain. The screw compressor has a high degree of automation, and the operator does not have to undergo long-term professional training to achieve unattended operation.
4, the power balance is good. The screw compressor has no unbalanced inertia force, and the machine can work smoothly at high speed, which can realize non-basic operation. It is especially suitable for mobile compressors. It is small in size, light in weight and small in floor space.
5, strong adaptability. The screw compressor has the characteristics of forced air transmission. The volume flow is almost independent of the exhaust pressure, and it can maintain high efficiency in a wide range. It can be applied to various working conditions without any change in the structure of the compressor.
Disadvantages of twin screw compressor
The noise is large, and a set of auxiliary equipment for separating, cooling, filtering and pressurizing the lubricating oil is required, resulting in an excessive volume of the unit.
- Selection requirements for pump oil in Leybold vacuum pump accessories
- LMF natural gas compressor failure precautions
- Maintenance of oil-free compressors
- Principle and operation of nitrogen compressor
- The role of screw compressor oil
- Storage and precautions for vacuum pump oil in Leybold vacuum pump accessories
- Nitrogen compressor related applications
- Precautions for correct use of screw compressor oil
- Twin screw air compressor maintenance process
- What is the reason that the oil-free compressor noise is significantly larger than the original?
- Oil-free air compressor manufacturers tell you the classification of air compressors
- How to properly prevent the Leybold vacuum pump from being stuck due to lack of oil
- The role of twin screw air compressor
- Which is more advantageous for twin-screw air compressors and single-screw air compressors?
- Learn about the failure of the nitrogen compressor